Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fasting: Winning and Losing

Well it seems this is a battle I thought I had won before the fighting even began. I was just so sure that I would not have any problems with this word and would walk it out perfectly to a T. Once again I find myself stunned and proven wrong. I started yesterday and have already failed miserably. I had an apple and a peach in the morning and then decided not to eat again. 8:00 pm hits and I'm dizzy, nauseous, and have a headache. My remedy? Double cheeseburger, fries, and fried pickles. Yum! and Fail! Tuesday I decide is a new day. So with a fresh start I make it to 2:00. I scarf a sandwich. Needless to say, I've given up on today. Wow Sara, really? It is just food! Ridiculous. What I will say is this, we serve a gracious God that is understanding and rooting for us even after we fail. Therefore, tomorrow is a new day. I have decided to take this one day at a time with a short term goal to start out. If one decides to be a runner, he cannot run 15 miles the first time. He has to work his way up to that. This is the same with fasting. Tomorrow I will fast the whole day and then eat on Thursday. I believe if I have an end goal I can make it through the day. I declare a refreshing in the morning and a drive to please my Father whole heartedly. I also declare that I will hear what Yahweh has for me tomorrow, especially in reguards to Grandpa Ken. Praise You, Yahweh for being a faithful Father! I choose to be found faithful in Your eyes!

1 comment:

  1. Hey. My name is Anthony and I love the Father too, at least I feel that way. I prefer to use Adonai. I feel Jesus calling me to my own personal "40 days" and I am struggling. My longest successful fast has been 3 full days on water.

    I have been fasting off and on for a long time. I also fail and find support hard to come by. Maybe we could stay in touch and support each other.

    Sincerely,
    Anthony

    ReplyDelete